Monday, January 2, 2012

2012...so now what?

What's in store for 2012? Well the Mayans say it's the end of the world, but I'm just talking about taiko in my life so I'm not going there...

It should be a relatively normal/calm year. A collaboration coming up in February, an annual concert in the Fall, no tours that I can think of, and of course all the festival stuff sprinkled around once the weather gets warm.

I *am* going to write a song, dammit. I need to set myself a deadline and get going on it. I'm probably going back to the idea I had before the 12 Weeks challenge, because it's a strong concept and definitely not something done before (in taiko, perhaps in percussion in general?) We shall see.

I still want to develop myself as an artist, and I might look more into Stepping or Body Percussion in general. And if I get my act together (and if we get people out here), I might FINALLY test for my 3rd black belt.

So what about you, dear reader? Any art-related plans for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment