Thursday, October 24, 2013

Taiko-thon 2013

I don't normally promote events, but this one is coming up soon and is for a cause near and dear to me!

The Taiko Community Alliance is holding "Taiko-Thon 2013" next Saturday, November 2nd.  They're planning to have taiko groups playing or submitting clips all day long, starting at 9:00am PST and going until the afternoon, maybe as late as 5:00pm?  Could be earlier, I'm not sure.  All of this will be broadcast over Livestream, but you'll need to go to their site HERE to watch the fun.

San Jose Taiko will be performing a 15-minute set at the top of the program, but I'm not sure who else

The goal is to raise $50,000 in pledges by December 31st, 2013, which will help future North American Taiko Conferences and the future of the TCA.

To ensure that NATC can continue to improve and to help the TCA meet the growing needs of the Taiko Community, your support will be greatly appreciated.  Also, no one from the TCA asked me to post this, I just want them to do really well so we can all benefit!

No comments:

Post a Comment