Monday, February 27, 2017

Another day, another anniversary.

image credit: https://www.howtomotivation.com

Eight years ago, I started this blog.  I didn't have a schedule for it, I didn't have plans for it, I just wanted an outlet.  850 posts later, here we are.

Once I got past the first few years of posts that came "easily", I had to start thinking more about what to write about.  It made me think a lot more about things I took for granted, and made me look beyond my own personal experiences.

The more I wrote, the more I felt I needed to accountable - not really "to my readers", but to myself.  The act of saying - over and over - "try harder" actually helped me try harder!  And censoring myself from some of the posts I could write helped me be more thoughtful, which sometimes slips when I'm super-passionate on a subject.

Not every post is golden wisdom, and sometimes it's hard to write about something compelling after so many have been written.  But I still get something out of trying, and so the blog continues.  Who knows what's in store over the next year or ten, but as always, if there's anything people want to talk about or have me comment on, find me on Facebook and drop me a line - even if it's something that we disagree on.  Challenge me, inform me, teach me new things!  I'm always trying to grow.

And I hope you stick around for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment