Friday, April 24, 2009

Sick on tour but in a haunted posh hotel and it's over!

Well, that's it for Winter Tour 2009! We fly back into San Jose tomorrow, via 3 flights. Long day but at least not too-early of a first flight.

We ended the tour tonight with a fun performance at the new D. Douglas Barnard Jr. amphitheater in Augusta, GA. 900 seats and half were pre-sold before we got there! We had some heat issues to deal with, plus the fact that half our group is sick, but we've played in hotter places and the venue was nice enough to get some big fans upstage for us during the show. Good crowd as well - we could see them since it was outdoors and they were appreciative!

This tour was heavy on meat dishes; we ate very well - even though one venue was a vegetarian campus, they had good food (ok, yes, I smuggled in ribs). I think if we weren't all fighting or avoiding illness, it would have been a great tour, but cest la vie.

There's a small-to-moderate hubbub about a supposed ghost here at the hotel; it's freaking out a couple of members. I'm not going to go into a diatribe about my take on all that stuff, but I will say "pfffffffbbbptttffttt". :P

I'll be updating my blog again soon, no worries. I want to talk about pre-show rituals, what I do and asking readers what they do. Maybe some people will actually comment? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment