Thursday, March 4, 2010

Tao, a follow up.

Less than a month ago, I reviewed a concert by Tao here. As I left, I bought one of their CDs and have listened to it enough to warrant reviewing it, as well.

This will be a short blog post; I'm not going to go into every track and describe the highs and lows. What I want to say is that after watching the show, the CD is actually a very good product.

Even though I enjoyed a majority of the songs at the concert, there was so much going on - in terms of musical texture - that I didn't realize how much I was missing until I got to really hear it on the CD. Granted, that's going to be the case with any live-versus-recording scenario, but this time it made me appreciate Tao even more.

I would recommend this CD mostly to those who have seen Tao live or on tape. If you haven't seen them, the CD is still good, but may not really stand out against those of other groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment