Monday, June 13, 2011

Influences: Introduction

Yay, another series of posts! Hey, it keeps me amused...

I've been thinking a lot about tendencies, those things we resort to and define our own personal style. When I lead drills about solo work, I want people to identify their own tendencies and be able to modify them at will. Even though I can recognize my own tendencies, it made me wonder where they all came from. And lo this series was born.

I'm going to look into the patterns that shape me, the movements that define me, the moods that drive me. Is there music I grew up listening to that influences me now? Does one art reflect on another? As I do this exercise in self-reflection I hope to not only understand those influences better but also hope to inspire others to look at what's shaped them more closely as well.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment