Monday, May 4, 2015

NATC 2015!


Are you going?

So this year I'm not teaching any workshops, and will be going as an observer instead of a participant.  Some workshops interest me but I may very well wind up in the marketplace or getting a bite to eat with people I haven't seen in a while; I've done that before!

I've found that the workshops I enjoy the most tend to be less about possibly interesting topics and more about the skill of the teacher.  With a really good teacher, I can attend a workshop on a song/drill that I "know" and see things in a very different way - and sometimes pick up some great ideas on teaching! 

I'm looking forward to some of the possible Discussion Sessions, because there could be a couple of really impactful ones, but I don't want to say anything in case they don't pan out.  Fingers crossed!

I kind of know what to expect overall going to NATC, because I've been to so many of them, but it's a new venue (Vegas), under a new umbrella (TCA), and I'm able to wander around and help out as needed.  In a way, it's going to be a very mellow weekend, even though I'm sure there will be a lot of socializing and catching up with a lot of people!  And it also means taken more pictures than I will care to sort through and post on FB afterwards, heh.

So I hope to see a lot of you there, and as usual, if you read my blog and find it useful - or have ideas for future posts - come let me know!  I really do appreciate all the support and readership over the years.

And don't forget the sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment