Thursday, May 28, 2015

New Song Diary: Fingers crossed

In about a month, SJT is giving some time for people to workshop new song ideas with the group.  I've had an idea for a piece in my head for several years now; something I've introduced to the group four times over the last 3-4 years.

It's a fun idea but I haven't been able to figure out what to do with it - hence it being in limbo for four years.  But now I'm giving it a lot of development time and coming up with new patterns and directions, and now that I've committed myself to a date (not performing, just re-introducing), I have motivation for making something happen.

I think this is going to be a difficult song but also fun...once your brain stops screaming at your hands, that is.  I don't want to write it to be difficult, but the nature of the song prevents it from being easy, so...

If things take off and I pursue a composition with these ideas, I'll post some of it on here for your amusement.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment