Thursday, August 13, 2015

I got nothing


So I'm sitting here trying to think about what topic to talk about, and staring at the blank page...and staring...and staring...

I've been spending a lot of creative energy on my two new song ideas lately, so maybe that's where the creative juices are flowing?

There have been many times where I would play patterns and try stuff out in hopes of getting some composition inspiration, and get nothing.  Even if I did get an idea or two, usually they weren't strong enough or interesting enough to spark any real momentum.  And it felt like a waste of time each time I came away with nothing.

But sometimes, that's just what's going to happen.  Maybe you're trying to write a new piece or craft a new solo, and you wind up with nothing.  Maybe it happens a few times, even.  It would actually be weird if it DIDN'T happen, I think.

The more creative you want to be, the more you'll have to realize that sometimes, nothing happens.  It doesn't necessarily get easier to deal with, but acceptance makes for much less stress about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment