Monday, January 2, 2017

...Hello to 2017!

 
image credit: http://innovationexcellence.com

Well, 2017 has a few interesting things for me to look forward to, taiko-wise.

In the first quarter, there's an event for our donors that I'm not sure if I'm supposed to talk about, so I won't.  It's not a huge deal, but it's something I'm very much looking forward to.  Right up my alley!


There's NATC 2017 in San Diego, which of course I'm looking forward to.  Not teaching workshops this year, but as usual, will be helping behind the scenes - at least with surveys and survey data, if not actually during the conference itself.

It looks like we could have a big touring schedule in the Fall, but nothing's for-sure yet.  But now that I have a regular job again, I won't be able to take off several weeks at a time like I was able to before...still, I'm sure I can go out for some of it, which is always fun, even when it's super busy!

Finally, I'd really like to get another song written this year, but I'm not sure which direction to focus that energy quite yet.  I still have motivation from my song last year and want to keep using that energy while it lasts.

Hopefully I'll get to see some of you either at NATC or while out on tour, or maybe even if you stop on by San Jose and visit a practice!  Here's to a fruitful, rewarding, interesting new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment