Monday, August 28, 2017

Wrapping up: My favorite posts


I've written 902 entries as of this one.  903!  That's a lot of stuff to wade through, much of which is just me saying I played here, did this thing there, and lots of rambling...

But sometimes a post of mine really expresses what I'm thinking, and/or causes me to think more.  Sometimes a post still has impact to people years after I've written it.  Sometimes a post reflects an ideal or philosophy I continue to try and meet.  So here's what I was able to pull, that speak to what this blog was all about.  I truly hope that within the links below, there's something that resonates, that inspires, that helps someone reading it.

Opinions
What the @%#&! is taiko?
Identity, self, me, art!
Taiko don't care
Terminology
Superstars
Extracting meaning
Who plays better taiko?
Too late.
Japanesque
Perspective
History
Traditional?
The art of the struggle
Cultural Appropriation
Excuses, revisited
Video: Madonna and taiko
Is this taiko? Vol. 01
Taiko in an age of instant gratification


Drills
Hand independence
Drill: 23468 
Drill: My Favorite Drill
Video: Konnakol (just a little bit)



Question Everything/Questions
Question Everything: Bachi
Question Everything: Ego
Question Everything: Kuchishoga
Question Everything: Ki
Question Everything: Training in Japan
Question Everything: Shatter the illusions
Question Everything: Are you any good?
Who sculpts you?


Advice
Failure *is* an option
Do simple things well
Ack! (stage fright)
Limitations aren't fixed
Soloing, part 3: Musicality
Soloing, part 5-2: Rhythms on multiple drums
Soloing, part 9-2: Endings
The Tall Whisperer
Excuses
Snap!
Loop of progression
Mouthful of sprinkles
Standards and comments
Perception of Quality
Being creative
On testing (and failing)
Respect
Suck or fail?
Out of the box
Taiko Elevator
Working on Rhythm
Soloing for the song (feat. Ringo Starr...kind of) part 1


Miscellaneous
Pulling back the curtain: What's touring like?
12 weeks, 12 songs: Epilogue
Competitions - The findings



No comments:

Post a Comment