Saturday, May 1, 2010

The good, the bad, and the good again


And we're finished! Our last show is done, the boxes are ready for freight pick up on Monday, and we head home tomorrow. Ahhh...

The Good: The catering at the theater was awesome! They had a menu - a menu! - of all things, showing us what was to be for dinner. We were definitely spoiled in terms of meals today!

The Bad: 99 times out of 100, the crew at a theater is at best, on-the-ball and at worst, slackers. Today was the special 1% that will be remembered, and not for good reasons. I'm not going to get into details, but let's just say it was an unprofessional atmosphere and leave it at that, shall we?

The Good Again: Friends! I got to meet a couple of friends out in the lobby, some I'd known for a while, some pretty recently. Yurika got to meet a small group of her old JET gang as well. The audience overall seemed really appreciative and I gave out more signatures and handshakes than any of the other venues this tour. Highly enjoyable. :)

Yes, I am beat. I put it all out there and even though I had some spots I could have done better in, I felt pretty good about the show. I'll try to come back to blogging Monday with some highlights and random tidbits about life on the road for the past three weeks, then it's back to the usual M/Th updates!

Thanks for following my adventures, this is mostly for my amusement but I really enjoy knowing people get a kick out of reading this stuff. :)

2 comments:

  1. Great posts all along! I've enjoyed each one! Congratulations on a great tour and thanks for taking your readers along for the ride! I've learned a great deal about dealing with jitters and occasional flubs; team camraderie; adventures on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete