Thursday, July 15, 2010

UK Tour, day 2. Dancing!

Well, we're in Exeter! We made it in around 9:30, straight off to a school show at 11:00. Most of us didn't sleep much on the 6-hour flight, and even a short nap in the middle of the day didn't take care of the fatigue.

However, the really draining (and yet, incredibly fun) part of the day was at the Ceilidh (pronounced Kay-lee) which is akin to a barn dance with a band and traditional square-dance-like dances. We got to watch and enjoy a Morris Dance troupe, and I wish I could go into the details of it but I'm way too tired for this post. We all danced at times to the traditional dances, as well as playing three of our taiko songs as well. Kagemusha taiko performed three songs as well, which was a blast to see live and up close.

I'm on a borrowed computer at my host's abode, so I may not be able to upload any pictures, but when I get home, the many pictures and videos are going on Facebook, except for the really embarrassing ones. :)

Tomorrow is a school show, followed by lunch and then a tech in for the first concert of two on this tour. I go bed now, because brain stop working.

No comments:

Post a Comment