Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The more things change, the less sleep we get!


Tech-in day, which usually goes pretty well, unless we have unexpected things to deal with. Like today, for instance!

It's not that big of a deal that we have a thrust stage, where the audience sits around the front and sides, so we're more exposed. And we prepped before we left for not having wings to hide our equipment behind during songs, so that's not a big deal. But we decided to change the program to have speeches between several of the songs, and that takes a person out of a transition, causing a whole lot of changes, more than I think I've ever seen for a gig. So...I'm not worried about the show but I'm also not not worried, if that makes any sense?

To make up for a stressful day, after we left the theater, we drove an hour away to have dinner with two long-time staunch supporters of San Jose Taiko, Norma and Ralph DeLang. They used to live in San Jose way back and know Roy and PJ from before I even knew of SJT. They took us in and fed us a great dinner, as well as kept us entertained with stories and general humor. We look forward to seeing them tomorrow night!

Tomorrow is a late school show and the concert, and I might not get to blog until Friday night when we're half-way to Colorado. I'm sure I'll have things to say then!

No comments:

Post a Comment