Thursday, September 9, 2010

Workshops!

So North American Taiko Conference 2011 is just around the corner...well sort of, if 11 months is a corner.

The deadline to submit workshop ideas is October 31st, which is really soon! I'm wondering if people who normally teach will miss the deadline...

I'm planning to do another workshop on striking, focusing on wrist snap. It'll be the 6th workshop of that type, and I keep refining and refocusing what material I cover. This time the focus will be less material, more depth. Last NATC I put in everything I wanted to, but felt like I was talking a mile a minute to get it all across!

However, I also want to teach a second workshop but am undecided on what topic to choose. I could do another rhythm-based workshop, perhaps on polyrhythms? I've thought of doing a body percussion workshop, helping people feel rhythms using their body.

Other options I've considered are:
  • Body percussion, learning how to feel rhythms by using the body.
  • A workshop for taller/larger people, focusing on flexibility and isolating weak points.
  • Exercises for creating movement- and rhythm-based solos.
  • Playing on multiple drums.
I know I don't get a lot of comments on my blog posts, but I'd like to hear from other people what they'd be interested in? Even if it's something I haven't listed above but you think I'd be good teaching, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment