Monday, March 14, 2011

No workshops = sad face.

I submitted two workshops for NATC 2011 but neither were accepted this time.

Admittedly, I was really bummed to hear it because I'd been looking forward to teaching at least one workshop for the past year or so. I've gotten over the initial disappointment and focused on working with the Workshop Coordinator to make the workshop process better for future conferences.

Although nothing has been established, I may have a chunk of time (or more) at San Jose Taiko's Taiko Weekend Intensive in May when we focus on small-drum/shime work. Although it's shorter lengths of time to what I teach at my NATC workshops, I do get to present some similar material at TWI.

Today begins my first week of my 12 week, 12 songs project, so hopefully that'll keep my mind off workshops for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment