Friday, February 27, 2009

Is cold!

Weather.com says "31 degrees Farenheit (feels like 23)" And I believe it. And this is the warmest part of the tour. Yee-haw, bring it!

I was born and raised in Silicon Valley, but I've never been a warm-weather person. I like it cool because I tend to run hot., and sunlight turns me into bacon. Now, I don't plan to run around outside in shorts and a propeller hat, but I can enjoy the cool side of things while I'm here. And we predict single-digit weather in NH along the line...

Today we did half of a load-in (continued tomorrow morning) at the Goddard Auditorium followed by a lecure/demonstration (lec/dem) for a mix of world percussion students and Japanese-language students. The pic is from Franco's infamous kuchishoga (spoken notation of taiko) demonstration of "su", or the rest.

And today's quote (not that there's one everyday, but work with me here) is from PJ, as we discussed different types of taiko to the audience:

I bring out our largest drum, the okedo on the upstand
The crowd: "Ohhhhhh."
PJ: That's why we call it the 'O'-kedo."
Franco and I cracked up. And yes she gave me permission to post it here. :)

Ah, almost forgot! It's 2/27, 6:30pm PST. Since 2/25 @ 11:30am PST, (55 hours ago), I've had a whole FOUR hours of sleep. I'm finally feeling sleepy, so let's hope tonight is a winner!

1 comment:

  1. 31 cold? What a Cali wuss. This tour should teach you a new thing or two about what cold really is. I've been going to work lately in 6° weather without the wind chill. But no snow :(

    ReplyDelete