Thursday, February 26, 2009

What a way to start a blog!

Welcome to the first post of my experiment! I'm a performing member of San Jose Taiko who wants to post experiences, perspectives, and oddball humor both during and between tours.

You won't find "dirt" or "gossip" here, but I plan to post things that amuse me about taiko, travelling, performing, and just being part of different communities. So with that, let the show begin!

  • Today was day 1 of the 2009 Winter Taiko Tour. We're in Richmond, IN after flying into Dayton, OH. This would have been a normal start for me, even with a 6:23am flight this morning, except for one thing: I've been awake straight for 36 hours! I didn't plan that, mind you - I'd just fought off a stomach bug, caught up on sleep the day before, and just...haven't been sleepy. My system needs a reboot! I'm hoping that once I finish this post, the nice hotel bed will talk me into sleep. If not, I'll have to watch the third Matrix movie on cable to do the job. Ugh.
  • Speaking of the nice hotel, the shower clearance is...about 6'5". I'm 6'3". I was able to exfoliate my knuckles while I shampoo-ed. Lovely!
  • On one of the flights over here, just as we hit some moderate turbulence, this song popped on my mp3 player: Fatboy Slim - "Push the tempo".
  • I like bullet points.
  • The presenters lefts us nice gift packs of fruit, cocoa mix, and chocolates in our rooms. Very nice!
Allrighty, off to bed for me - stay tuned for further jaw-dropping posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment