Saturday, February 28, 2009

Concert one: K.O.!

We had the first concert tonight, 661 seats and sold-out! That's the best way to start a tour.

On the downside, the stage was a bit smaller than what we're used to, which made some logistical things trickier. On the upside, the staff and presenter were super-helpful, the audience was completely jazzed from the start, and the green room food was always plentiful, varied, and tasty! Huge plusses.

It's always interesting to observe what people do on tour before a concert when we're in the theater. It often depends on the parts a person has - if they're new or specialized parts, often people will practice on stage until the house opens. Others go for puzzles like crosswords or sudoku. Some nap. Me, I watch movies and TV shows on my laptop. :)

Going to be an easy next three days - my half of the troupe goes to Cleveland, OH for a workshop. Then 2 straight days of driving to NH. I hear some of our members don't like cold weather...oh yeah, that would be everyone but me. lol. And even *I'll* be fruh-eezing out there. I'll enjoy it since it's not permanent!

Today's Quote, from me: "I wasn't aware of it until I was very aware of it."
Bonus Quote, also from me, about a song that I'm not in: "There shouldn't be so much rushin' in the song because I'm the only one here with Russian blood and I ain't in the song."

No comments:

Post a Comment