Sunday, April 19, 2009

Troopers


I swear, our members will play unless they're delirious and/or on fire.

Two of our members have colds that caused serious coughing in one and a loss of voice in the other + coughing (and then a fever!) It made playing hard for them both, but it would have taken a viking assault to get them not to play.

The member who lost their voice realized how much they took kiai-ing for granted when they couldn't do it! And it probably makes us horrible people, but we're enjoying that their voice is all squeaky and changing octaves at random...it's how we show we care. :)

It was a good show despite the rebelling lungs - about 600-700 in the audience and an after-show reception by members of Triangle Taiko! I didn't get as much of a chance to "pump myself up" due to a really tight schedule, but I was still able to push myself again. Didn't feel the same crash as last time, but we'll see what happens. The walls inside are covered in signatures and hand-drawn signs from previous acts, and we got a column near the Green Room all to ourselves!

Tomorrow, an 8-hour drive to Collegedale, TN. Long drives leave us a bit punchy, but with two members sick, I'm just hoping no one else picks up a bug. Normally I like bugs...

No comments:

Post a Comment