Thursday, December 30, 2010

Looking forward to 2011...

Only a few more days until the new year, and there's going to be a slow build to a very busy schedule. Here's what I know of:

- There's two Taiko Weekend Intensives, one one which might be focused on small-drum technique. If that's the case, I just may be more involved in teaching/assisting than usual.
- I have my vaunted song that I hope to have performed by Fall concert, but to do that it has to be ready to play well-before that. We'll see about that...
- There's the Fall Concert itself, although for me it's more just a busy weekend and extra practices and less about learning or getting comfortable with new parts.
- The festivals and assorted gigs are throughout the year and always fun to do!
- I may be going on Fall tour, but in a way I hope I'm working and won't be able to, so we'll see.
- And the big deal will be NATC 2011, smack-dab in our backyard @ Stanford. Not only will the group itself have a lot of work to do, but I've submitted two workshops and hope to be teaching at least one of each!

It doesn't *seem* to be as busy as 2010, but having San Jose Obon followed by NATC followed by Fall Concert will be one hell of a busy taiko trifecta. I just hope most of the people in the group make it through with their sanity intact!

No comments:

Post a Comment