Thursday, December 2, 2010

One more test, revisited.

In my post here I talked about an upcoming test for a 3rd-degree black belt in Shotokan karate. It got delayed and postponed and I sort of forgot about it until tonight.

During class, sensei and I had this conversation:

"What's your availability for December 15th?"
"What day is that?"
"Two weeks from tonight."
"Yeah, I think so, why?"
"Because you're testing then. If you want."

A month ago I would have been really glad to hear that! But in that time I've found a couple of forms I've been doing wrong and really need to work on before I test on them. Plus, there's a written essay about a subject left up to sensei, and if I know him he'll be tricky. But since he might read this, he's the best sensei ever! Heh.

I'm less worried about the physical aspects and know I need to brush up on the more esoteric terms that rarely come into play. I know I have a couple of other areas of history-oriented weakness, but again just in case sensei sees this, I'm not giving him any help...

So I think I'll postpone it for a quarter; really look at what needs work and push myself during classes a little harder just to prepare my body for the intensity of the test.

Not a lot of taiko talk here; but some people might be interested to know what I do outside of thumping cowhide with dowels. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment