Monday, February 3, 2014

What's on the Tube?

It's Superbowl Sunday, but as I avoid sports as a practice.  So instead I think I'll peruse YouTube for some taiko videos!

I highly recommend that taiko players do this.  Here's what I do:

1. Go to YouTube.
2. Search for "taiko -tatsujin -master -osu!"
     (remove the quotes; this gets rid of most of the video games, but not all.)
3. Change the Filters selection to "Upload Date" so you see what's more recent.
4. Enjoy!

Look to see what people around the world are doing.  You may not like all of it, but I'll guarantee you there's taiko being uploaded that will interest you, maybe even inspire you.  There is so much out there and only a fraction of it gets put on YouTube, but seeing this stuff can be a real eye-opener and positive reminder of how much happens outside of our own taiko bubble, no matter how large we think that bubble is.

No comments:

Post a Comment