Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Albino in Albany

Couldn't post last night; the connection was intermittent.

We drove 7.5 hours yesterday to get to Albany, NY. Lots of ice and snow along the roads but the weather was clear the entire way. It's about...17 or 18 degrees here; not too bad.

The first room we checked into had no heat! The first room we had on this tour leaked; now the last one had no heat...I'm guessing the next room will be on fire or something.

It hit me last night why this tour feels "weird" to me. I've hardly played any taiko! I've been on several tours where the day after arriving we're loading in, playing a concert, followed by school shows in the morning - then drive to a new place, load in, and a concert the next afternoon. This one is very much more subdued, but that's ok; it keeps things varied.

We have a noon check out today (yay!) and finish the drive to Keene, NH tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment