Saturday, March 7, 2009

Last stop - but a good one!



We had a short drive today from Keene, NH to Hanover, NH. We're playing at the on Dartmouth campus at the Moore Theater, Hopkins Center, a 500-seat hall. It's a nice hall, plenty of space as performers and intimate enough for the audience. We've heard it's just about sold out, as well! Another bonus: the hotel is a 3-minute walk from the theater!

I'm hoping to meet one of my relatives tomorrow night. She's the wife of a cousin who can't make it out here, and she's never seen taiko before! I'll be happy to give her an awesome performance to remember! We were trying to coordinate a bite to eat before or after the show, but she'd have to be here at 10:30 and wait around for the 2:00 show, then leave at 4:00, not to mention the 2-hour drive one-way. Darn!

We had a late tech in, leaving the theater at 10pm. And with Daylight Savings Time, we lose an hour - but we're still able to get some decent sleep and have time for good eats before the noon call time. Although, some members are getting up early to go eat at a place called Lou's - but getting up extra early after already losing an hour for good breakfast fare? Yeah...no.

Last concert until the Chico trip early April! I want to finish strong and so far it's been a good few gigs for me. Not playing a lot of my normal parts in this tour; that makes it easier to do some different things instead of always being on automatic or playing the same, "safe" stuff. I'll write more about playing "safe" later when I get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment