Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Tour 2010

I'll be leaving this Saturday for a 3-week tour of...well, various states to the East.

We'll be performing in:
  • Des Moines, IA (4/11)
  • Cedar Falls, IA (4/16)
  • Shorewood, WI (4/18)
  • Dayton, OH (4/24)
  • Schenectady, NY (4/27)
  • Castleton, VT (4/29)
  • Morristown, NJ (5/1)
It'll be a busy tour; there are 14 school shows in addition to those 7 concerts. Thankfully, there don't seem to be any grueling days on the schedule except for one 10-hour drive to NY. Still, I plan to blog daily, about whatever might happen!

This tour has a lot of new variables. We have a new program, with "new" songs that we haven't toured with before, new members who have never toured before, and more people switching in and out than ever before. Should prove to be...interesting!

As for me, I'm playing the Filipino kulintang in one song that I've learned from scratch, but everything else is familiar. The one thing I find amusing is that I'm playing more instruments than I've ever played in one show! I'll be playing josuke, chudaiko, shimedaiko, odaiko, two types of okedo, kulintang, uchiwa, kane, sumo, bells, and cowbell! Gotta have cowbell! It's trivial, but after 17 years, you have to find your own amusements. :)

Anyways, stay tuned and if you check back tomorrow, you might find a surprise...

No comments:

Post a Comment